Bar Cafe Gentile

Went to Gentile for lunch this weekend for the 1st time and let me tell you, I wasn't disappointed. Gentile is this typical little sandwich shop located corner Park Ave and Chabanel. Mostly renowned for their coffee, their food is actually really good too.

Their ice tea is ridiculous! I don't think I've ever had anything quite like this. It's a mix of ice tea, granita and lemon, but I swear, there has to be a secret ingredient in there. Make sure to take the G (gallon) size cause anything else is not enough.


Had the chef's salad for an appetizer. It's a mixed green salad with endives, carrots, olives, cucumbers, tomatoes and bocconcini cheese, topped with a balsamic vinaigrette. Simple but really good. Decent size enough for 2 if you're having a sandwich.


For the main meal, I opted for the sausage sandwich on white baguette. This thing was really good. It has mozzarella, sauteed onions, lettuce and mustard, everything pressed under the panini grill. Opted for the spicy option which wasn't all that spicy but still had a decent kick. All sandwiches are around $5 and are definitely worth it. Finished my meal with delicious coffee. It was a perfect lunch.

Check em out if you're in that area or just feel like taking a ride there. I hear they have amazing pasta on week days so if you work on Chabanel I suggest you hit it. Service is friendly and quick. It's a good spot, you won't be let down.

Cafe Bar Gentile
9299, avenue du Parc (corner Chabanel)
514 383-9299

No comments:

Blog Archive